Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth on a KD-55A85

profile.country.GB.title
Bluenose1940
Explorer

Bluetooth on a KD-55A85

I am amazed that it is not possible for more than one person at a time to listen to their TV by way of Bluetooth headphones.

Do the manufacturers not realise that not everyone lives alone.

My wife and I are not blessed with the best of hearing and so would both like to make use of our wireless headphones.

I think that a possible workaround involves purchasing a standalone Bluetooth transmitter which I have heard can possibly cause certain problems.

Surely manufacturers can come up with a decent solution to this problem.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Bluenose1940 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/August-Bluetooth-Headphone-Adaptor-MR270-Dual-Transmitter-Transmit-2-Device...

I think it a great pity when Sony representatives throw FUD about, especially when you can find several examples on here where I have suggested the optical to Bluetooth adaptor workaround, and posters have reported back that it was successful for them, and nobody has said it wasn’t.

I have challenged the FUD, and we will see if I get an answer.

But it’s really not surprising when Sony say they can’t guarantee that other makers’ devices will work; of course they can’t.

Come to that, this Community is mainly one long howl of complaint that Sony can’t even guarantee that their own devices will work 😛

But if you get an adapter off Amazon, and it doesn’t work, you can just package it up and send it back, for a no-quibble refund. Which is a damn sight easier than getting any 65” two-man lift hanging on your wall remedied.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Bluenose1940
Explorer

Hi again royabrown2, 

I spotted that some people use the optical outlet to connect a transmitter.  I think that manufacturers only fit one such outlet to their TV's and at the moment I am using mine for a Cambridge Audio soundbox.

Would that be a problem?

Thanks again for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Bluenose1940 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073RNB62V/ref=sspa_dk_hqp_detail_aax_0?psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlma...

would solve this.

A couple of questions, though:-

(i) Which Cambridge Soundbase have you got? The later models will run off the TV’s ARC HDMI output. Will yours?

And more tongue in cheek:-

(ii) If you are both going to listen on headphones, what do you want a soundbase for? 😛

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Bluenose1940
Explorer

Thank you for that link royabrown2.

I have the TV5 which has an ARC connection and so I could use that ok.

We don't use the headphones all of the time, we only need them when the prog includes people with strong accents that are difficult to understand, particularly when watching catch-up TV and there are no subtitles.

My wife uses the soundbase a lot when she is watching the TV's music channels.