Join now - be part of our community!

ANDROID OR NOT ANDROID

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

ANDROID OR NOT ANDROID

Hi all can anyone give me any answers as to what I have heard (but I need clarifying) as to why Sony Tvs are supposed to be android compatible but no one who I know who owns a so called "android" tv can download KODI, now most of my electronics that I own are Sony and after hearing about all this then Im really thinking of not buying a new Sony tv to be let down because Sony will not endorse KODI and let us download it, KODI is, I would say one of thee biggest platforms which millions of people use, so come on Sony let's have some clarity please, because I for one will not go out and spend £800 of my hard earned money on a brand new 'android' Tv  that simply does not do what it says on the tin. Regards muvoda.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
romeo_kii

loll kodi is the playstore ,i use kodi nearly everyday on my sony tv , my tv is on android nougat tho,  if your tv is on android oreo , than you will have to sideload the patched kodi  app, because sony seems to have blocked kodi 

profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

Thank you my friend @manola I have seen and read this a few months ago, all we need now is Sony to make up there minds and either sort this out or run and hide, probably the latter with all the lawsuits that have been handed out over the years, but hey ho we will see! Don't hold your breath, I WONT!! muvoda.

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

@manola?... :scream:

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

I apologise manolo. muvoda.

profile.country.GB.title
muvoda

Thank you romeo_kii, I don't have a Sony Tv, what I was saying is I was thinking of buying one, but with whats going on with SONY and Kodi I think I  will stay with what I have until it gets sorted out. Regards muvoda.