Join now - be part of our community!

Amazon Prime App no UHD

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Niloufas
Explorer

Amazon Prime App no UHD

I just bought a Sony Kd-43xh8505. 2 days ago I could watch the UHD versions of The Expanse through the Amazon prime app but now I can't. I have searched everywhere in the app but it doesn't play in UHD. The app used to show me what resolution the video was playing in too but now it doesn't even show that. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unofrtunately it is the way the app is now on any platform. I have to other tvs (panasonic and lg) and they don't display the resolution any more. You have to trust them they are feeding the best your network can support.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Niloufas,

in the past the UHD versions were listed seperately from the HD version - now Amazon seems to have merged them into one selection where it probably dynamically selects the resolution according to your connection speed.

I honestly prefered the previous approach, even if it was more cumbersome for me as a viewer. On my BD-player I have a "Display" button which shows me the streaming stats - on your TV it should be an "INFO" button on the remote.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Niloufas
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. I am.uaimg the app through the TV. I have checked the internet connection and it's a steady 58Mbps, so I don't think it can be that. Should I forget the network and try to reconnect perhaps? Also the info button on my remote doesn't give me that option when running the app. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

How do you tell is not uhd if tha app(like in any TV in the market) is not telling anymore the resolution?

profile.country.GB.title
Niloufas
Explorer

That's what I'm confused about. 2 days ago I could see the resolution but
now I can't. Also the picture does not look as good as it was which leads
me to believe it is not streaming in UHD. I spoke to Amazon last night and
they couldn't work it out with restarts and resets etc but essentially they
said it's either a Sony problem or I have to just accept that it's playing
in UHD even though their high level info on the programme says it should
play in UHD but when you click into the episode it only says HDR and when
it's playing it says nothing at all now on the pause menu. It's odd how
their app has changed in the 2 days I have had the TV.
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unofrtunately it is the way the app is now on any platform. I have to other tvs (panasonic and lg) and they don't display the resolution any more. You have to trust them they are feeding the best your network can support.

profile.country.GB.title
Niloufas
Explorer

Ok. Thanks for taking the time to respond to me, much appreciated. Regards.
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You are welcome. BTW my feeling is that prime has a better quality than, i.e., Netflix. But if miss myself the possibility to see the resolution and (but was never present) the actual bitrate