Join now - be part of our community!

AF9 firmware pulled from UK website (v6.4960 Nov20)

profile.country.GB.title
EasterEEL

AF9 firmware pulled from UK website (v6.4960 Nov20)

Version 6.4960 Nov20 (build shown on TV S87.649601)

• 26 Nov 2020 — Improves the User interface of the following items (unifying applicable 2018, 2019 and 2020   models): · Enables 4K-120Hz signal support for PS5 ...

Has recently been removed from the Sony UK website, no information. I have it installed on my AF9, so would be interested to know if anybody knows why?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Jewers

Yes, I installed this software on my 48A9 and am also wondering why it has been removed from the website.

profile.country.NL.title
hadeder46
Explorer

It has not been pulled only from the UK website.  On other Sony websites from languages I speak, it is also gone.  My suspicion is that there are too many errors in the firmware.  Just to mention some, I cannot sort channels anymore, it does not see my hard disk anymore for recording, it gets stuck regularly and I have to reboot by pulling the plug.

I expect that Sony will review the firmware and post an update once the problems have been solved.

Patience.

profile.country.GB.title
Pictor64
New

Thanks. I wondered why the tv was not offering it as an update when I was asking it to check for updates. 

Think I’ll wait for the automatic roll out. 

profile.country.GB.title
EasterEEL

It is back up again and available for download. No indication of why it was pulled for a while, but does seem to be exactly the same firmware.