Join now - be part of our community!

A95K + Sonos Arc + Apple TV = Black screen

profile.country.DK.title
GrummeFar
Explorer

A95K + Sonos Arc + Apple TV = Black screen

I’ve got a small problem with my setup. I’m solely using the Apple TV to stream content and therefore turn TV on directly to the Apple TV source. Unfortunately I’ve encountered this weird problem where screen turns on and shows picture for a second and then goes black for 5 seconds before turning on again. It seems like it happens every time the system detects my Sonos Arc after startup since it happens right after “Audio system active” message is shown in screen. Sony advised me to disable Bravia Sync which did fix the problem but then I’ve got to use the Sony remote to change source every time I turn the TV on which isn’t optimal. Anyone else with the same problem and have you found a fix?

Short clip of the problem

I’ve tried adjusting settings on the Apple TV (match frame and range on/off) but nothing helps.

Love everything about the setup otherwise. Perfect picture and sound is great with the Sonos Arc and Sub!

Tags (4)
11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.DK.title
GrummeFar
Explorer

I disconnected all connected HDMI sources and disconnected from the power outlet. Yes, Sonos Arc does support eARC. My guess is it’s some kind of weird bug with the eARC handshake. Maybe the auto sound sync feature? I’m in contact with Sony and there tying there best to figure out the problem.

I'm on the newest SW.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey GrummeFar, still makes no sense, but do let us know what the Sony support will tell you about it. :slight_smile: