Join now - be part of our community!

3D glasses TDG-BR250 and TV: KDL-65W857C

cotswoldmark
Explorer

3D glasses TDG-BR250 and TV: KDL-65W857C

Hi - I hope you can help.  My friend is selling is 3D Sony TDG-BR250 glasses, and I thought I would try before I buy, with my Sony Bravia KDL-65W857C. 

Unfortunately I am not getting the 3D effect.  I am new to this so maybe missing something obvious, but here's what I have tried:

- Fully charged the glasses until the orange light went out

- Tried registering the glasses with my TV (i.e. hold within 50cm of the TV and press and hold the ON button (this did not appear to do anything other than switching the glasses on, with a flashing green light after)

- I found 3D content on YouTube, and using the ACTION button, switched to 3D Side by Side.

I can see blurry 3D content, but putting the glasses on has no effect.  I think the problem maybe with the registration step.  I have Bluetooth switched on, I have switched the TV off at the mains to reboot, I have toggled BT off and on.

Any help appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@cotswoldmark 

The glasses are not compatible with your TV 😢

The R in the name means they use infra-red, and this has to come from a 3D Sync Transmitter:-

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/4270/42707652M.pdf
and such a transmitter can only be used with Sony TVs fitted with a socket specifically to plug the transmitter into.

From the age of the information, this approach to 3D seems to come from 2011, some 4 or 5 years before the rather superior Bluetooth approach of the TDG-BT500As, and likewise pre-dating the establishment of standards that make 3D glasses compatible with one another.

Ask your friend why he is selling the glasses without the sync transmitter?

Or perhaps he doesn’t realise that these glasses need their transmitter, and will only work on certain 2011/2012 Sony TVs with the output for this, and not your later model.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…