Join now - be part of our community!

What settings do I use for remote flash on perature setting on a37 camera

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
KWILKIE
Visitor

What settings do I use for remote flash on perature setting on a37 camera

When using aperture setting what is the correcet flash setting for using remote flash receiver or studio lights. On my alpha 290 I used to use flash off setting. Any help is appreciated

Message was edited by: KWILKIE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

I am not sure if I understand your shooting setup correctly.

If you use an external studio flash, triggered by some sort of receiver, the rquired F-stop is determined by the amount of light the flash emits - the aperture controls the expsoure.

Generally I would prefer M-mode in a photo studio when using studio flash. Keep in mind not to set a faster shutter speed than the flash sync speed of the shutter (1/160s).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

I am not sure if I understand your shooting setup correctly.

If you use an external studio flash, triggered by some sort of receiver, the rquired F-stop is determined by the amount of light the flash emits - the aperture controls the expsoure.

Generally I would prefer M-mode in a photo studio when using studio flash. Keep in mind not to set a faster shutter speed than the flash sync speed of the shutter (1/160s).

profile.country.en_GB.title
KWILKIE
Visitor

Hi.

The previous camera I had was a sony alpha290 and the flashh mde setting I had to use on the camera was Flash Off. However on the a37 it says I can't use that in P/A/S/M mode, I am shooting RAW.