Join now - be part of our community!

image data conversion ver 4.2 download

profile.country.GB.title
iaperry47
New

image data conversion ver 4.2 download

Just tried to run this download without success. Keep getting an error message saying I've encounered a problem and would I like to send a report to Microsoft. Running XP pro service pack 3. Any advice/ suggestions would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello iaperry47 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As it offers you the chance to submit a data report to Microsoft (for what that's worth), I believe that this is a Windows generated error as opposed to a Sony based one. I notice in the program compatibility notes that this software is not compatible with 64 bit versions of Windows XP - is your installation of XP 64 bit?

There is more information about finding your system version in this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218#method2

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
iaperry47
New

Thank you for your response. My desktop is running XP pro 32 bit. I did wonder if it could be a windows error so ran sfc /scannow. All appears well there.

profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

Thanks for your response. I am unable to think of anything else that may be preventing the installation of this software. However, if you let me know about the features of Image Data Converter that you wish to take advantage of, I will recommend a suitable free alternative. Scarab Darkroom is an example of this but please let me know if you have specific requirements.

http://www.scarablabs.com/scarab-darkroom

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
iaperry47
New

Thanks again for you contact. I have been using Sony Image Data Suite ver 3 and recently I bought Adobe Elements 11 and find that Despite everything appearing to be in order it will not run the plug-in supplied  with the program. I cannot get the plug-in to run. Otherwise, the program works!

Thus my return to SIDS to convert raw files. I thought, while I was at it, to update to ver 4. A related problem perhaps?