Join now - be part of our community!

NEX7 and video over heating- still going...

profile.country.en_GB.title
Vandal76

NEX7 and video over heating- still going...

As much as people have complained about this issue, it looks like Sony is choosing not to address it. I have purchased this camera with some video shooting in mind, as this was one of the features promoted when this camera came out. I know it's not a video camera, and I'm not intending to use it as one; there are limitations to it, especially the maximum 30 minute recording time (if it only hit that I would be happy). However, I find that more and more the camera is under performing; it heats up rather soon (roughly 3 to 5 minutes in), and makes it impossible to do anything with it when it comes to video. I use a Sony HX produo memory stick, and tried others, but won't help. Also tried the monitor out trick, and no use. I'm also not alone here, just search for it and you will see the vast threads on other forums!

So, for something that SHOULD hit the 30 minute mark, I'd say this is rather disappointing... Would anyone from Admin/Tech care to comment on this? I would love to know why your flagship camera, which you touted with all bells and whistles, doesn't perform as it should on something as basic as shooting a short video...

I still love it for still photography, it's the best I've had, but this video issue should be addressed. It is FLAWED in this aspect.

Will this be addressed soon?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.de_DE.title
cmosse
Contributor

Try things out if you format the card inside the camera before taking the movie (back up other content on the card, of course). On another camera, having the same issue, this has worked wonder.

Michael

Vandal76

Thanks cmosse,

was that on an NEX camera as well?

cmosse
Contributor

yes, a Nex-5N, same symptom.

Vandal76

Thanks again, will give it a try tonight, although I'm not hoping for much...

cmosse
Contributor

OK, let us know the result!