Join now - be part of our community!

Hot shoe trigger

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Muscroft
New

Hot shoe trigger

Hi.

I have just acquired my NEX-6Y to replace my EOS 5D MkII, which I can no longer hold due to disability.

Can anyone tell me if it is OK to use my hot shoe remote trigger for my home studio flash units.

I'm not too sure what can be used on the NEX-6.

Thanks.

Mike.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Mike, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

You don't say which trigger you have, but some conventional hot shoe based flash units (those using the standard ISO central pin connector) will work with the NEX-6's Multi Interface Shoe. Others (using the auto-lock system) need the (optional) ADP-MAA adaptor.

An ISO-based trigger should, if anything, be more compatible than a regualr flash, which may only work at full power, depending on manufacturer.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mick2011
New

Hi Mike, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

You don't say which trigger you have, but some conventional hot shoe based flash units (those using the standard ISO central pin connector) will work with the NEX-6's Multi Interface Shoe. Others (using the auto-lock system) need the (optional) ADP-MAA adaptor.

An ISO-based trigger should, if anything, be more compatible than a regualr flash, which may only work at full power, depending on manufacturer.

Cheers

Mick

Muscroft
New

Hi Mick.

Thanks for the excellent reply, solved my query straight away.

Cheers.

Mike.

Mick2011
New

You're more than welcome Mike :cool:

Mick