Join now - be part of our community!

Help with transferring micromv tapes to PC

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
kionis
Visitor

Help with transferring micromv tapes to PC

Hi All,

Many years ago I bought a DCR-IP55 micromv camcorder. I'd built up a collection of 20 or so tapes which have sat in the cupboard till now, all containing valuable footage of my children growing up.

Now that I have a bit more time on my hands I'm looking to transfer the videos from the micromv tapes to my PC. However, I wish I had tried doing this before as its proving difficult.

I connected the i-link cable to the camcorder and fired up MovieShaker 3.3. I kicked off the transfer but the program crashed. It has done that everytime. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and tried version 3.1, but its just not playing ball.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to get the video footage off the micromv tapes and onto my PC whilst my 9 year old camcorder still works?

Thanks. Jay.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It should work with XP.

Have a look at the MovieShaker Tutorial to refresh yourself on the process.

Go here: -

http://support.sony-europe.com/tutorials/dime/videotransfer/vtransfer.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&sec=MMV&m=...

Click on Windows and then scroll down to MICROMV and select the iLink method.

Perhaps someone else may be able to help further.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jay,

What Operating System are you running on your PC? (XP/Vista/Windows 7).

Movieshaker may not be compatible and you may need to use something else to import the footage.

Is your footage in 4:3 or 16:9 format?

kionis
Visitor

Hiya, I'm running Windows XP Home Edition (SP3). Most;y the footage is 4:3, I believe. Cheers, Jay.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It should work with XP.

Have a look at the MovieShaker Tutorial to refresh yourself on the process.

Go here: -

http://support.sony-europe.com/tutorials/dime/videotransfer/vtransfer.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&sec=MMV&m=...

Click on Windows and then scroll down to MICROMV and select the iLink method.

Perhaps someone else may be able to help further.

Keith_Monk
Explorer

Hello Blencogo - I am having the same issue importing from MicroMV.  In a reply last year you suggested something other than MovieShaker might be able to capture the video???  I am running windows 7.  Hoping you can advise