Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 reduced noise cancelling

Robert356
New

WH-1000XM3 reduced noise cancelling

This is my second pair of these headphones after getting a replacement pair from Sony after noticing the issues I'm having. These issues started only after upgrading the firmware from 2.0.0 which was factory installed on my original headphones to the latest 4.2.2. release. 

Issues include reduced noise cancelling, I can now hear sounds that i couldn't hear before on original firmware! when i first purchased these headphone i was really happy with the noise cancelling capability of these headphones. 

another issue I'm having is a low level white noise/buzzing sound from the earphones that was never noticeable before the update. this is rather annoying while listening to spoken word and audio books

Anyone else having these issues and found a solution? can the firmware be downgraded back to 2.0.0?

Can anyone from Sony answer these questions? I have spoke to customer services and technical with no help.

My replacement headphones came with 4.2.2 installed and I'm still getting these issues!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

If you are still having issues, then I would recommend getting back in touch with the support team here for further advice.

Best wishes,
Sean