Join now - be part of our community!

Dab/FM Clock Radio XDR-C1DBP - GMT to BST time change failed

profile.country.GB.title
Roger_H

Dab/FM Clock Radio XDR-C1DBP - GMT to BST time change failed

Firstly, there's nothing in the instructions about DST changes for this unit.

It does mention that if the "Set Date & Time" is set to auto (by default) the clock synchronizes with the DAB data being sent.  It would appear that only works if the DAB radio is actually on.

If you are asleep at 1AM with the DAB radio off when the clock change occurs, the time is not updated.

Not a great feature.

My very old Sony clock radio had a manual DST button which you just pressed before going to sleep to put the clock forward/back.

Seems a retrograde step on what appears to be a Hi-Tech unit.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have the DAB radio on but volume silent and have the alarm set at the same time so the clock advances/retards at DST clock change?

In this case, will the alarm still sound even though the radio volume is set at silent?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hello Roger_H,

I've checked this model and I agree with you. It doesn't seem that the option for updating the time info is available when the radio is switched off.   I can also see from the Manuals that there's only one volume control for controlling the general volume of the radio. So, most probably, the alarm would be silent in this case.

Cheers,

Vanilla_

profile.country.GB.title
Roger_H

This spring I tried having the DAB radio on but sound turned down and time did advance from GMT to BST.

Not sure if te alarm would make a noise if it had been set.  Any ideas Sony?

Perhaps something to bare in mind when designing the next clock radio...