Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000MX3 - Feature request - Disable touch controls

profile.country.GB.title
legatus_
New

WH-1000MX3 - Feature request - Disable touch controls

Unfortunately I only read it via reviews after I bought the product but it came to my attention that ith strong wind the touch controls are going crazy. Today I experienced it myself and people were right.

Since we have a proper app and firmware for these headphones I would love a feature to allo me to completely disable touch controls. I just want to put them on and go without worrying about the wind, or if I accidently touch it, or even when my hoodie covers it, it seems to have problem with that.

We could be allowed to switch it back on either from the app or by switching headphones off an on again (in case someboy nicks your phone in between ;))

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.IE.title
Ominous_hammer
New

Please add option to disable touch activation in the app! 

When its lashing rain with hood up the headphones go mental trying to increase/decrease volume, pause, noise cancel on/off, etc!

Make it stop!

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Ominous_hammer,

it is a feature and it has been for months...

touch panel deactivation is possible via the app.touch panel deactivation is possible via the app.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Rscuee
New

Just updated the application/headphones and can’t find the feature...

profile.country.GB.title
jpn369
Explorer

I have just updated mine and found the new feature here.

Shame Sony couldn’t have let us know as we had this forum to tell us.E4FA63E2-5BB9-4812-AA35-84EB0E9CB38D.png

profile.country.GB.title
Rscuee
New

Weird... Maybe its cause i have the mx2s? but why update one with the feature and not the other?

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Rscuee,

because it might not be possible to deactivate the touch features on the m2-model with a simple software change.

- Nic