Join now - be part of our community!

Sony WF-1000XM3 earbud fully charged but red light does not stop on bud or charging case

azkfour
Explorer

Sony WF-1000XM3 earbud fully charged but red light does not stop on bud or charging case

Hi all, Pretty much the problem I have is that with my WH-1000XM3 truly wireless earphones is that the right ear bud displays 100% battery charged in the app and also when inputting into my ear. Despite this, when I put them both back into the case the right ear bud does not stop showing a solid red light whilst in the case (which I think indicates it's charging), and also the case itself does not stop showing that red light on the outside of it.

Otherwise my headphones work fine. I am worried that the right ear bud is constantly being charged and this will cause greater depreciation of the battery life. I only received these earbuds yesterday and so wonder if this is a problem others have had, and if there is no fix whether or not I should seek a new pair.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @azkfour,

did you close the lid properly?

As long as the lid is open, the red light will blink. It will also blink for a few seconds after you close the case.

- Nic

azkfour
Explorer

Hi

Yes I have closed the lid properly. I have tested it and when I only put the left headphone in the case, when it is fully charged the outside light of the case is off. 

In comparison, when I put just the right headphone in the case and shut the lid properly, the outside light of the charging case remains on. 

Thanks for your reply and looking forward to hearing from you again. 

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @azkfour,

then try resetting the bud by having it inside the case and holding the touch sensor for around 20-25 seconds.

- Nic

azkfour
Explorer

Hi Nic

I have tried that as well and unfortunately it has not worked. I have also tried to turn off each bud separately by holding a single one for a few seconds at a time until they flash and disappear. This has not worked either. 

Any other ideas Nic or anyone? Thanks for the help