Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM3 single bud bluetooth connection issue

WF-1000XM3 single bud bluetooth connection issue

Hi folks,

I am not able to use the WF 1000 xm3 with a single bud while the other one stays in charge in the case.

In particular:

-When I use both ear buds everything works fine

-When I put the left ear bud in the case to switch it off but STILL have the right bud on, the Bluetooth connection drops

-When I keep the left ear bud on but put the right one in the case, the Bluetooth connection keeps going

It seems like Android is prioritizing the left ear bud vs the right one. I tried to reset the unit and try on IPhone and the issue goes away. What is even stranger is that, once I pair the wf 1000 xm3 to Android, the issue gets transferred to iPhone as well until the next reset. It is as if Android pairing is messing up with the WF1000 xm3 Bluetooth settings within the ear buds memory.

Is anyone out there having issue with single bud usage in Android??

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there, 

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I'd recommend getting in touch with the support team here for further advice about this.

Best wishes,

Sean 

profile.country.US.title
canyadigit29
New

I have the same issue and found a work around until they fix it. The way it is now, if you have an earbud set to control Android Assistant, the other earbud will not work by itself. Using the app change the button from Android Assistant to nothing or the noise concanelljng controls. Now the other earbud will work by itself.

This worked for me as well, thanks!! Quite annoying as would like to use Alexa on my headphones. Hope they patch this ASAP!!!