Join now - be part of our community!

Shaky sound on WH-1000MX2

profile.country.SE.title
Shebulba
New

Shaky sound on WH-1000MX2

Hello!

I just bought a pair of Sony WH-1000XM2 noise canceling headphones. When I ride the bus the sound is shaking with NC on. It's like the pitch of the music is shaking up and down a little and when the bus suddenly really shakes it sounds like something is loose in the ear cups...

Does anyone have the same problem with the headphones??

It's to bad because I bight them for use on the bus to and from my work. 

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

Can you tell me exactly what you mean by shaking sound?  It's worth noting when you use your headphones on transport such as a car or bus noise may occur depending on the street conditions.

If you think there is a issue, it might be worth speaking to the support team on 020 7365 2810.

Best wishes,

Sean Mc

profile.country.SE.title
Shebulba
New

Hello Sean,

Thank you! 

When I ride the bus with the headphones on (I bought them for my bus rides to work) every little uneven bit of road makes the sound flopp/shake (the pitch of the music goes up and down rapidly during the uneven part of the road). It also feels like something in the earcups shakes. 

When the bus is driving over a bump, hole, railway etc the shaking in the earcups is even bigger and to much to withstand. Then it really sounds and feels like something in both earcups is loose and shakes - and that results in a rapid shaking sound that is much louder than the musics volume when the bus drives over these kind of things! (the sound and pitch of the music does  also ofcourse shake more when the bus drives over these kind of things). On my 30 minute ride to work this occurs to many times to count... 

I can't believe that this is normal behavior? It's not the bus engine sound that does this, the ANC cancels that sound out very well. 

Should the headphones with ANC on react to the bumps in the road, small and big, like this? It's just to much to withstand. The noise cancelation and sound is excellent but why are my headphones acting like this?? 

Do you know why I'm experiencing this and is it normal?? 

Thank you for your help! 

Best regards, 

Henrik 

profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Henrik,

I'm not sure what could be causing the issue you describe.  I would recommend getting in touch with the support team here for further help.

Best wishes,

Sean

profile.country.GB.title
Juwhan
New

Hi,

I have kind of the same problem when I commute with bus.

When I have NC turned on, it sounds like the headphones is blasted. It works fine with NC turned off.

My headphones are only about a week old 😭

profile.country.GB.title
Basicxs
New

Did you guys find a solution or did you have to buy new headphones? 

Bekim86
New

I'm facing the same problem with my WH1000XM3 

And I bought them a week ago its so annoying !!

Data888
New

Same on my sony wh-1000xm3

Jimginge
New

I have the same issue with the MX3 headphones. I'll call the help desk number too

profile.country.GB.title
Basicxs
New

Please update me on what the help desk tells you!