Join now - be part of our community!

Music Centre not loading on Windows 10, not Microsoft approved app, help please

profile.country.GB.title
Rodger1955
Explorer

Music Centre not loading on Windows 10, not Microsoft approved app, help please

Got bought a Walkman NW-A55L  today, would like to transfer library from Media player but I cannot install the Music Centre to do this, any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

Have you tried a factory reset?

Best wishes,

M

profile.country.GB.title
Rodger1955
Explorer

Hi, Many thanks for your suggestion.

Tried a reset, no joy. The Music Centre will not load onto my computer with Windows10. Message comes up " trying to download a non Microsoft -verified app"

Adjusted settings on Microsoft to "Anywhere" failed.

If I could get the Music Centre on my computer then that would  solve the issue.

profile.country.GB.title
UVGraham

I managed to download the music centre to my Windows PC, but it won't open.  It doesnt give an error message; it simply fails to open.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Music Centre, but it makes no difference. I've tried running it with admin permissions, changed compatibility mode, etc, but all to no avail.

profile.country.GB.title
UVGraham

I've found a workaround, albeit not a long term solution.  Download an earlier version of the program, and use that.  You would have to get it from a third party website, as Sony only has the latest version available to download.  I have downloaded an earlier version (2.1.0), which is working fine.  Hopefully Sony will come up with a long term solution, but this works in the meantime.

profile.country.GB.title
Rodger1955
Explorer

Hi,

This sounds as though it would work,, will give it a go later. Many thanks for your help. Regards Rodger

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
profile.country.GB.title
Rodger1955
Explorer

Hi,

At least you got yours loader, more than I can do. Surprised this has not been raised before. Regards Rodger

Sent from Mail for Windows 10