Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless Switch Utility problem

profile.country.GB.title
masterix
New

Wireless Switch Utility problem

Hello everybody,

After installing the latest update of "Sony Utilities" and "Intel Wireless LAN Driver" from our update site I'm having problem with "Wireless Switch Utility" which when computer starts "caused a problem and needs to close"...

If anybody knows what to do, let me know please...

Thanks a lot

My vaio: A417M (RAM upgraded to 2GB)

Cheers

26 REPLIES 26
Pingu1
Visitor

Hi,

I have a doubt: why is not the latest Intel wireless LAN driver in the http://www.vaio-link.com/downloads/select/... page for sz1/xp model. I believe that I downloaded this driver sometime from this page...

According to this thread, people download the last version of this driver from Intel web page.

This means that have been removed this driver from vaio-link web page for any reason?

Thanks.

Pingu1
Visitor

Please, anybody knows where can I find the last sz1/xp WLAN driver from vaio-link webpage?

The Intel webpage says: "Intel recommends that you obtain and use the software provided by your laptop manufacturer."

Has Sony team's removed this WLAN driver from vaio-link for any reason?

Thanks a lot.

VaioWoman1
Visitor

Hi meima, I did this too once I had done the automatic updates that had taken me actually back in time and now have the same as you and all is working fine! :smileygrin: However the driver is not confirmed on VAIO update with the ususal red tick although it is installed! Also I did another check with Intel with one of their downloadable check tools and it says this is :pig: not the latest driver update? :kissing:

The mind boggles....boggles...boggles....boggles....boggles.... :dizzy: :dizzy: :thinking: :thinking:

meineKatze
Visitor

So. Now it's finally done.

You said, that the drivers are not confirmed on VAIO update with the ususal red tick although it is installed!

I'm no expert, but i can discribe what i did and what my experience with the sony-update-news was/is.

First of all: many many thanks for the new update/download information on "Vaio-Update"

1. I went to vaio-update. (in my case: automaticly)
2. I saw both of the new updates. (1 and 2 in "manual updates")
3. I downloaded them and saw them in my folder "C / updates"
4. When i clicked them, they deleted both drivers
5. I restarted and went back to C / update
6. I clicked them again and they where re-installed
7. I restarted again and looked for status in "Vaio-Update"

8. They where BOOTH RED TICKED ! (INSTALLED)

The only thing, what i didn't change is the third point in "manual updates". That is the (malcious) Wlan-driver.
He is not showed as installed. Will mean: "not red ticked".
Anyway. This driver didn't show anything since our catastropfulus-wlan-driver-update.
After i did this update (3 weeks ago) the Wlan driver wasn't showed as "red ticked" on "vaio update"

And i think, i will not change this situation !
My wireless switch is back where he was and he is even in a better funktion like before because i couldn't use booth. Only Wlan or Bluetooth. But NOT both together. Now i can .........

Oh. i forgot: after the last restart, i had NOT the wireless switch symbol in my task. (down on the right side)

I went to:
C --> programs --> sony --> wireless switch settings utility --> and clicked on the symbol "Switcher"

I had to waight a few seconds... and there he was.

Fore any questions: meineKatze@gmx.de
or just phone: +49 178 8992789

meineKatze
Visitor

Urgent step to do after the system is function properly:

Please create a RESTORE - POINT in the help desk!
(help and support center --> tools --> recovery / restore point)

(or something like that...... i'm no englishman i'm DUTCH :smileygrin: )

Lothar

profile.country.en_GB.title
koymik
New

If everything is going fine... it is always a good practice to create a backup DVD(hard disk image) of your machine.... :wink: :smileygrin:

VaioWoman1
Visitor

Just to say Guys that VAIO e-support said:

" Version : 9.0.4.17 is the current driver available to download from Vaio-Link website.

This may change in the future so I would advise to monitor should update become available. "

So now I am sated! :party: :rose: