Join now - be part of our community!

Wireless connection not working

TimCorbett
Visitor

Wireless connection not working

Good day all

I have a FE21S notebook and I have lost my wireless connectivity. I suspect changes to the set up when testing some remote assistance software. I can connect to my router (Netgear WGT 624 v3) sucessfully using a wired connection and also using a USB wireless adapter. My WLAN switch is ON and showing 'Bluetooth' connectivity. Hardware tests report all OK. Device manager says "device working correctly".
I cannot 'find' my network SSID (set to transmit),

How do I re-install the wireless settings to default?

Any assistance would be appreciated very much

Tim

4 REPLIES 4
skykit84
New

Hi Tim,

When you say you can connect to the netgear successfully... do you mean you can go into its portal (usually on 192.168.0.1) and log into it etc?

If so, can you check on the routers main page (router status) whether it picks up your broadband connection? This is just to eliminate your router.

Once you have made sure there is connection, what happens when you connect the router to the laptop via an ethernet cable? Does this work properly?

and again, if yes to all the above, then check your IP settings. Maybe you have an ip but your DNS and/or gateway has been pre-set to what the router is not on. Go into control panel>network settings>right click on the wireless connection, properties
Then double click on teh TCP/IP in the list and check that everything there is set to Auto.
(I assume your router has DHCP enabled?)

Another thing if you use the Intel wireless software is you can go into the program and delete the profile. then, when ti finds your connection, reconnect to it.

Try this for now I guess.

TimCorbett
Visitor

Hi and many thanks for the assistance. Regretably no joy yet.
The Netgear router connects to the laptop and internet with no problem.
A wireless USB adapter connects (wirelessly) to the router and then to the internet with no problem
I have reinstalled the Intel wireless drivers
I have reset the Windows Firewall to default
I have tried connecting with all firewalls OFF - no change
The Wireless Lan starter looks for the wireless connection then says "Slide the wireless switch to ON" (then I have to cancel). the switch is ON with Bluetooth showing OK.
The Lan settings Utility is set toautomatic.

I am now at a complete loss and in need of more assistance please.

All the best
Tim

profile.country.en_GB.title
koymik
New

Have you tried reinstalling your Wireless switch utiliy? :slight_smile:

TimCorbett
Visitor

Many thanks to all who have tried to assist. I finally reinstalled all the utilities (including the wireles switch utility) and all is now working correctly.