Join now - be part of our community!

unable to reactivate e-support account?

markpriestley
Visitor

unable to reactivate e-support account?

Hi

I recently logged my first support case, received comment, and returned comment. All worked fine. I think I then accidentally blocked my login by entering the wrong password, i.e. the one I use here (at least I think that's what happened). Now I have a problem. When I try to login to e-support I get this message...

'Your account has not been activated yet or is temporarily inactive, go to the Forgot password page to retrieve info to reactivate your account.'

So I go to the 'forgot password' page...

https://e-support.vaio-link.com/eSupport/PortalJSP/ForgotPassword.jsp

... and enter my email address. I receive the following notification screen...

'Hi,
An email containing the eSupport account information will now be sent to the email address that you provided.

Regards,
Sony Support Team'

Only no email arrives (and yes, I've disabled all spam filtering on that email account and it still doesn't work). I know that it's the correctly registered email address (different messages appear if you enter the wrong one) and I do receive support notificatins at that address from Sony Vaio. I've tried the retrieval routine about 10 times over three days in case it was a transient error.

so, Catch 22, I can't login in to e-support to tell them that I can't login, and there appears to be no other way to contact them online or to unlock the frozen login. Any suggestions? :thinking:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I've asked Sony Support to have a look at your case.

Hopefully you will hear something from them soon.

:slight_frown:

markpriestley
Visitor

thanks, I appreciate that, it worked! :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, the advice was a bit disappointing and means that I need to sell the Vaio and buy from another manufacturer to solve my audio problem, oh well...

Thanks again for your help