Join now - be part of our community!

POWER MANAGEMENT ERROR WHEN BURNING DVD+R

ty1
Visitor

POWER MANAGEMENT ERROR WHEN BURNING DVD+R

Hi- Does anyone know how to avoid "power management error" when burning DVD? It only occurs while burning DVD+R and not other kind.
Thanx

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Make sure you are running in performance mode and have it hooked up via AC

Otherwise try different disks, sometimes this can be due to the layering not being right for the burner to burn data on.

ty1
Visitor

Make sure you are running in performance mode and have it hooked up via AC

What is "performance mode"? Otherwise I was plugged to AC.

Otherwise try different disks, sometimes this can be due to the layering not being right for the burner to burn data on.

I've already tried two different DVD+R and two different programs, but I could try another one... :slight_frown: I've also tried to find an updated driver for this burner without any success... Is it possible that there is a problem with the hardware itself?

Anyway thanks a lot for answering and sorry for the double post (It's the first time I use this forum and I was not sure that the title was so meaningfull :smileygrin: .

Ty1

ty1
Visitor

I did a mistake: it's a "power CALIBRATION error", but it doesn't help me so much...

Ty1

kee-lo_

This usually happens when you use media that the drive cannot write to well.
Best trying TDK.

ty1
Visitor

After calling the VAIO hotline, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver of the DVD recorder and now... it works fine, even with the low prices DVD+R that didn't work before !
Thanks Kee-lo for answering.
Ty1

kee-lo_

Great