Join now - be part of our community!

Microsoft .NET Framework problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
mazurkal
Visitor

Microsoft .NET Framework problem

I recently downloaded the latest Windows 7 updates to my FW56E Notebook. On completion, my computer crashed, restarted in safe mode and chose to select a point at which my computer was working. Windows 7 Service Pack 1 failed to install.

Most programs are now working except Windows Media Center and Inssider. On start-up I get the dialog "Could not load file or assembly 'Sortkey.nlp' or one of its dependencies".

Is this associated with  a .NET Framework problem and if so how do I solve it?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Yes Sortkey.nip is a Net Framework file.

All I can suggest is you try the following repair steps: -

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2007/03/26/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-2-0-and-3-0-on-w...

It is written for Vista but is equally applicable to Windows 7.

:thinking:

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Coincidentally, this week I got many issues regarding Microsoft .NET Framework.

I tried to repair the .NET framework, but without sucess. So, I decide to remove the .NET framework and install one more time. It's works sucessfully for me.

On the same Aaron Stebner’s WebLog, you will find the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool, here...

mazurkal
Visitor

Thanks for the advice.

I have tried sfc / scannow to repair .NET Framework files without success.

How do I remove .NET Framework and install it again?

I can find .NET Framework 4 Client Profile in Programs & Features but understand that .NET Framrework 3.5.1 is part of the Windows 7 Operating System.

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Mazurkal,

It's necessary to download and RUN the the cleaning tool in the link above.

On the drop-down menu, just choose the .NET Framework to uninstall.

Re-Start the computer, download and Install the .NET Framework from Microsoft website again

That's it  🙂

mazurkal
Visitor

I have now resolved all the issues I had.

Before trying to remove .NET Framework and installing it again I thought I would try installing Windows 7 SP1 again, which having failed to install and crashing my laptop, caused my problems in the first place. This failed again.

Before attempting to download SP1 in windows update one more time, I downloaded System Update Readiness Tool.

This seems to have solved the problem and SP1 downloaded successfully.

Microsoft .NET Framework must now be working properly as I am now able to run Windows Media Center and Inssider2.

Thank you for your advice and the links which have helped me solving the problem.