Join now - be part of our community!

Memory Sticks for PCV-V1

rig1976
Visitor

Memory Sticks for PCV-V1

Hi

New to the site & forum and will start by saying that whilst i love my gadgets/new technology i'm very much a novice.

A question re my sony Vaio desktop PCV-V1 and memory sticks.

The guide says it's a memory stick Pro slot. Am i right in thinking that a Pro Duo stick (with adaptor) can be used in this slot?

Along the same lines, having just moved into the digital age - camera a couple of years ago, and now a HDD Camcorder, what is the best media for storing pics and movies? DVD/CD/Memory stick?

The reason i ask is whilst downloading movie images from my camcorder i ran out of Hard Disk memory. I've deleted what software i never use (and will never use) but it didn't seem enough. As such i need to save my 7 megapixel pics (of which there's a lot) onto removable media storage of some type so that i can delete them from my PC and free up some room.

With child no.1 arriving imminently i need to sort out my memory space asap.

cheers

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

The guide says it's a memory stick Pro slot. Am i right in thinking that a Pro Duo stick (with adaptor) can be used in this slot?

Yep that works perfectly.

Along the same lines, having just moved into the digital age - camera a couple of years ago, and now a HDD Camcorder, what is the best media for storing pics and movies? DVD/CD/Memory stick?

External hard disk might be a good option, specially as it's getting cheaper and cheaper to buy, for example Seagate have a 300GB drive for around £55 now.

rig1976
Visitor

cheers for this

this pretty much answers everything - except of do you know of any good sites for the Seagate?

Vas
Visitor

Where are you from?
You can try Amazon or PC World

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

They also have the 320GB Seagate on offer at maplins

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

LOL www.ebuyer.com; now you have a wide range :smileygrin: