Join now - be part of our community!

Help ! Help ! urgent

profile.country.en_GB.title
garhwal
Visitor

Help ! Help ! urgent

I wonder if anyone could help to solve problem with my sony vaio (VPCEB1E0E). Since Feburary it takes ages to load to startup and even after that it keeps freezing in between while operating.I'm not runing any such programs even there are not a lot programs downloaded. Earlier I thought that it is due to anti virus program (Norton) I uninstall that and put Kaspersky internet security 2011 as I thought there was virus but I scanned it with Kaspersky but it came out with nothing. Any idea why does it doing this behaviour and how I can resolve this issue ? And battery icon also missing as well.

Thanks for responding, in advance. Any help will be much appreciated!!!

Garhwal

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Garhwal,

Have you looked in Event Viewer to see if any System or Application processes are failing at startup?  Event Viewer should show any errors.

Do you get a Blue Screen at any time? If so what does it sayon that screen - this can point to the driver or program causing the fault.

Do you have any programs installed that are incompatible with a 64-bit system?

Are you using the original Sony Operating System?

Have you uninstalled any Vaio software.

Have you installed any new programs or drivers?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
garhwal
Visitor

Hi Belencogo,

Thank you very much for responding.

As you asked me to check event viewer I looked it and found that it is showing some errors. And there I found errors, some of them are as 'service control manager (code 7022)', kernal event tracing, event 7vZcbdsvc, event 13 VSS, event 14 Volsnap (where it says the shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because of an IO failure on volume C:), event 259 sample collector (whr it says CreateFile:SState: failed with error 0x3: The system cannot find the path specified.), and some more as well there.

While working on computer I don't get blue screen. It remains as it should be. Yes when I leave it for long time then it goes to sleep mode and to awake when I press any key the system starts but screen does not, again I have to press any key (I mean I have to click two times, one for system and other for screen.).

As you say if I have any incompatible programs to be honest with you I havn't install a lot programs. I have like real player, itunes, yahoo messenger, skype that's all, got that much knowledge about computer.

I am using only that OS which was originally installed on the computer on the purchase of it. I didn't install/change any other OS to run it.

As far as unistalliation of vaio softwares' concern comes even I didn't go to control panel to make any changes.

Ya I install Oracle program (open office org) apart from this nothing I installed on it. no other drivers as well.

Now this computer drives me crazy when I start it. It takes ages to startup and after that keeps freezing and says internet explorer not responding.

Most importat thing is I don't have that much knowledge about computer.

To resolve the issues if you can give any idea that will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Garhwal