Join now - be part of our community!

Gigapocket picture quality

Jimbo
Visitor

Gigapocket picture quality

Anyone got any suggestions how to connect my RZ424 to my SKY and terrestrial aerial to get best quality picture and sound through Network Media Receiver. Currently, when I record programmes and play them back on TV throgh NMR picture not great and there is hissing noise in background.

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

So, you want to connect via coaxial?

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Try using a Sky-Eye. It costs around £20-£30 for the unit, but it is the easiest way via coaxial cable. Any good HiFi or TV dealer will stock them.

Mandy
Visitor

If you want a good quality picture stick to the TV.

From posts here it would seem that quality is not of the highest.

It used to be a case of interlaced versus non interlace but I have to admit I do not know when LCD screens are involved - ? Who has a CRT monitor these days?

I don't think Plasma tV's produce as good a quality as 100Hz CRT's.

Psaila
Visitor

IMHO I think you better useing the tuner on your Sky unit , and VIDEO setting On Gigapocket , comnnect Via Y.R.W. phono's if possable .

It Works for Me , But I'm useing A SONY VTX-D800 just freeview and no Sky or Sky + .

From posts here it would seem that quality is not of the highest.

I feel A freeview rated or Digital Aireal Is A must .

I don't think Plasma tV's produce as good a quality as 100Hz CRT's.

Mandy I would say have a look again , some are just amzing .

kee-lo_

I have noticed sometimes that Sky isn't a perfect picture either!

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

With a signal too weak to light a torch bulb, it makes me wonder how we get Sky at all at home - with perfect picture quality too.

The problems for us start in heavy rain, and cause sound loss and picture pixelation. Still, touch wood etc we have never needed a new LMV module yet.

kee-lo_

When we have heavy rain we loose the picture too.
Another thing is we can get some channels in black and white at times. Sky are investigating...

Psaila
Visitor

Your Sky picture problems are to do with the ionosphere ,( The layer of space between earth and space) send spikes of radio waves ect ect ect in bad weather also when there are sun spots . On my freeveiw box it shows up as mosaics and still lose of picture , but only in lightning .

I hope the old saying still hold about lightning strikes ....:smileythinking:

The Picture Is old..... But Just go's to show . Frist Strike....

profile.country.GB.title
jammold
Explorer

Thats a great picture Raymond. Is the lightning doing what I think its doing and travelling down that line?

My dads mate had this happen to him twice, where lightning travelled down the phone lines and deafened him the first time, and then destroyed his new Alienware PC the next time. So sorry Raymond, I guess it can strike twice in the same place...

The safest place to be is in the car...