Join now - be part of our community!

AR21S - The Clicking & Buzzing

profile.country.GB.title
mrjingles-suzuki
New

AR21S - The Clicking & Buzzing

Hello
Just bought the AR21S and hopefully you guys can help.
Is it normal for the nvidia graphics card to buzz and click? I thought it was the hard drive, but now i think it is the graphics card. Moving a window or resizing the window results in a buzzing noise coming from underneath the keyboard. The clicking is a permanent low level noise that is driving me mad.
Anybody know what do do?, except live with it or wear headphones.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi,

If your graphics card makes a noise while scrolling and moving windows, it could be the 'Smooth Scrolling' feature of IE causing it.

Try disabling Smooth Scrolling in Internet Options -> Advanced. Scroll down the list and uncheck the box next to "Use Smooth Scrolling"

:wink:

Leetay
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

I know the feeling, i've just got rid of my AR21s due to the same problems, luckily the store took it back as faulty!

C*ap really considering these are 2K machines!!

vincefer
Visitor

Hi,

If your graphics card makes a noise while scrolling and moving windows, it could be the 'Smooth Scrolling' feature of IE causing it.

Try disabling Smooth Scrolling in Internet Options -> Advanced. Scroll down the list and uncheck the box next to "Use Smooth Scrolling"

:wink:

Hi, I have mine for a couple of days and can hear the same noise when scrolling or moving a window.

I've tryed your sugestion and still happens.

I find the machine superb but that noise is not comfortable at all.

Devilstator
Visitor

i had the same problem with the clicking. Luckily i got myself a dead pixel guarantee and my laptop arrived with a dead pixel.

So they gave me a brand new laptop for the pixel fault and the new ar21s doesnt click anymore.

But the light on the bottom of the screen seems to be constantly off (VAIO LOGO).

is there a way of turning this on or is this another faulty ar21s.

LiMoEiRo
Visitor

Hi all...
I also have a Vaio AR21S.
It doesn´t make those buzzings sounds from the graphics card, even with the smooth scroll on. (all updates from microsoft and sony made)

About the vaio logo lamp, you should try Start menu/All programs/Vaio Control Center/Logo Lamp
Try changing these on and off, maybe it is a software problem and it will kickstart 🙂 Nevertheless i thought i read on the user guide that even with those options OFF (that would explain the off logo offcourse), when you restart your pc, during booting it will power up anyway. So if you don´t see it on,sometime during boot, maybe it has some problem. I am not sure about this last remark, but i read the entire vaio ar21s user guide book (as anyone with a brand new laptop should ;-)) and i think i read that there, but since i had no problems with it, i didn´t pay much atention to it. Consider checking the user manual on the support page here on club vaio. (it´s an online user guide, since sony isn´t providing paper user guides nowadays .. environmental policy probably ;-))

Bye and good luck