Join now - be part of our community!

PRS-T2 Unable to delete Collections

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bookman65
Visitor

PRS-T2 Unable to delete Collections

Hi everyone

My problem is this, I have recently purchased a Sony PRS-T2 reader from the on-line Sony store. I have loaded several books under various collections and the problem was when I came to delete some of these collections it was not possible. The collections are greyed out. I contacted Sony support and they did reply and suggested I reset the reader by pressing the RESET button and then retrying the deletion of collections. I did this but it made no difference. I informed Sony of this by reply but have had no further emails from them and that was 5 days ago, so not impressed with Sony! I have sent another email to Sony today 2nd Oct 2012 to inform them I have not recieved any communications from them for 5 days so maybe they will read this!

This reader PRS-T2 is only available from the online Sony store so maybe the reader isn't fit for release yet.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

Look forward to your replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bookman65
Visitor

Problem solved!  I had a reply from Sony Support today 3rd Oct 2012 giving a web page url that gave instructions to, amongst other things, 'Format Memory'. I was already aware of this setting on the 'Reader' but was not prepared to re-format without assurances from Sony that this would not leave me with a blank reader and no operating system ( you learn over time that you do not format drives without due consideration!! ). So, I have carried this out and now re-created collections and reloaded my books and all is well!  The reader belongs to my wife and she loves it, so someone is very happy today! The URL with the necessary information is

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4445804113/ENG/contents/08/01/07/07.html

So, I hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem. Just one very important point before you follow the 'Format Memory' procedure 'BACKUP UP EVERYTHING FIRST'

Regards

Bookman65

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bookman65
Visitor

Problem solved!  I had a reply from Sony Support today 3rd Oct 2012 giving a web page url that gave instructions to, amongst other things, 'Format Memory'. I was already aware of this setting on the 'Reader' but was not prepared to re-format without assurances from Sony that this would not leave me with a blank reader and no operating system ( you learn over time that you do not format drives without due consideration!! ). So, I have carried this out and now re-created collections and reloaded my books and all is well!  The reader belongs to my wife and she loves it, so someone is very happy today! The URL with the necessary information is

http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/4445804113/ENG/contents/08/01/07/07.html

So, I hope this helps anyone else with a similar problem. Just one very important point before you follow the 'Format Memory' procedure 'BACKUP UP EVERYTHING FIRST'

Regards

Bookman65

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi bookman65,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Glad to read that you managed to resolve your problem & thanks for taking the time to share your solution with us..:smileyhappy:

Varnakova
New

Hello,

I have the same problem as described in "PRS-T2 Unable to delete Collections". Provided link for solving problem does not work. Would you please help me with the valid link. Thank you in advance.

BR,