Join now - be part of our community!

Help - page error

SOLVED
profile.country.fr_FR.title
VidaJD
Visitor

Help - page error

Hello

I am getting a message "page error" when I try to open a recently bought e-book on my Sony PRS300.  I have been through the troubleshooting bit of the manual and tried deleting and re-installing the book to no avail.  I tried deleting some books from the reader incase it was full (though there are only 60+ books on it) but still does't work.  The book shows only 1 page existing and just the error message with a ! comes up.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VidaJD
Visitor

Hello there

I am a bit further forward but it is not good news I am afraid.  I sought advice from my book supplier, Kobo, who looked into it for me.  This is what they said: "The thumbnail picture of the eBook shows in the Sony eReader Library but when you click on the thumbnail, you get a "page error" message. This error is a function of Adobe® Digital Editions’ limitation on file sizes. For most authors, Adobe® Digital Editions’ requirement of less than 300 KB per EPUB XML file is easily met by using one file per chapter. In some cases, however, chapters exceed the file limit. To resolve this problem, the publisher must split the larger chapters before converting them to Adobe® DRM. We will pass this information on for the publisher to be notified and in the meantime we will issue a store credit."

So - in a nutshell - it is a fault with the way the publisher has configured the book.  I have to say that I was very pleased with the help and advice (and offer of a credit!) from Kobo and would recommend them as a good supplier of e-books.  I am so sorry that this is not more helpful for you though.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
mamorga3996
Visitor

Hi. I'm getting the same problem on my PRS-T1. Two other books I bought and synched at the same time have downloaded OK. I've tried the fixes you describe as well but no joy! I tried to reinstall the book after deleting it on my Reader but the message keeps coming up that it's already there. Although the title appears on the Reader it doesn't show up in the Reader application on my PC.

Help someone!

VidaJD
Visitor

Hello there

I am a bit further forward but it is not good news I am afraid.  I sought advice from my book supplier, Kobo, who looked into it for me.  This is what they said: "The thumbnail picture of the eBook shows in the Sony eReader Library but when you click on the thumbnail, you get a "page error" message. This error is a function of Adobe® Digital Editions’ limitation on file sizes. For most authors, Adobe® Digital Editions’ requirement of less than 300 KB per EPUB XML file is easily met by using one file per chapter. In some cases, however, chapters exceed the file limit. To resolve this problem, the publisher must split the larger chapters before converting them to Adobe® DRM. We will pass this information on for the publisher to be notified and in the meantime we will issue a store credit."

So - in a nutshell - it is a fault with the way the publisher has configured the book.  I have to say that I was very pleased with the help and advice (and offer of a credit!) from Kobo and would recommend them as a good supplier of e-books.  I am so sorry that this is not more helpful for you though.  Good luck!

profile.country.GB.title
mrnatural
New

There is a solution to this problem. Download the free Calibre program and convert the troublesome non drm epub book to mobi format. Then re-convert that back to epub. Worked for me every time!