Join now - be part of our community!

rx10mk4 or a7r2

profile.country.GB.title
adwb1949
Explorer

rx10mk4 or a7r2

I have been looking at reviews and videos on the Sony RX10mk4 and I am seriously considering trading in my a7r2 with 24-70 ,55mm and  90 macro for this camera, my flash and remotes and other accessories will still work and I get 600mm.
The video seem just as capable and offer as may frame rates and profiles  if not better and while  you can't aggressively crop like you can with a7r2 sensor you have the longer reach.

Am i missing something or is this a reasonable course to take.?
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
morphfromthenorth
Explorer

Hi there,

Please keep both, just save up a few hundreds pounds a month and buy the RX10 when you have enough money, please don't sell the A7 and lenses, I assure you, you'll regret it in the long term.

I have the A7M2 and a host of lenses up to G master. I bought the RX10mk3 because (Like you probably) I wanted a sealed body, long battery life camera that gave me a mind blowing focal length of 24 - 600m!!!!!

This is now my go-to holiday camera, the A7 simply doesn't get a look in. The RX 10 with it's 1" sensor and phenominal lens is quite simply the best travel camera that money can buy, no matter what the shot is, Wide angle, Macro or super tele-zoom, you have the right lens on your camera!!!!

The A7 and lenses you mention, will give you unrivalled image quality you can crop if need be or blow up to A3 for print purposes. You'll also get far better Bokeh on your E mount lenses than you'll ever get on an RX10.

There's a time and place for both models, please bide your time, save a few pennies and keep both in your photo arsenal, you'll thank me for it 🙂

Martin