Join now - be part of our community!

DPFWA700 Frame will not display all pictures over a LAN

profile.country.en_GB.title
JokeruK
Visitor

DPFWA700 Frame will not display all pictures over a LAN

Hi folks,

I've had this frame for about 6 months and have really struggled to get it to work the way that I intended.

We have all of our photos on a PC on our LAN.

This is also accessible via wireless.

The photos are all visible in Windows Media Player and are in the Photos library. (Windows version is 7)

The Frame will happily connect to the PC over wireless and if I select all photos will start displaying them, but seems to only loop through a very small number  -maybe 25-50.

There are around 12000 photos in the library.

I have tried putting them into playlists by year and then selecting one of the year playlists to display but again only a very small number of pictures was displayed.

I suspect that this is to do with the way that the pictures are located on the hard drive - One folder per Year/Month/Day with all the photos taken on that day in the botom level folder.

The sparse manual just suggests that you just need to ensure that the photos are in Windows Media Player.

I can also browse directly to a folder on the PC using the frame and play the pictures for that day but that is not really what I'm trying to achieve, I want to be able to cycle through large numbers of pictures without having to regularly change where the frame is pointing.

All help appreciated as I've been trying to solve this for quite a while.

Kind Regards

Steve

2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Steve - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I know that this would be a major pain, but have you tried doing perhaps a test folder with 100 or so images all located in the same directory, without sub-folders? This would at least tell you if the file structure is preventing the frame from seeing all of your pictures.

Thanks,

Simon

JokeruK
Visitor

Hi Simon, apologies for the really slow response.

This is one of those problems that needs me to spend a little time one it!

OK, so some more information, and maybe a widening of the problem.....

I have removed all pictures from my pictures library (.

as seen by WMP) apart from a single folder called Test that contains 100 jpg files from the larger library

Some pictures were being displayed but not all.

I reduced the number of pictures to 10 and suprisingly 6 of them were not displayed but were displayed as the broken image symbol.

I'm not sure why that is as they are fine on the PC.

Regards

Steve