Join now - be part of our community!

A6000 Cashback "deal"

profile.country.GB.title
Papa_G_86
New

A6000 Cashback "deal"

I honestly can’t believe the issue I am having with Sony right now.

I bought an A6000 on the 31st of December, and the fact that this product offered £100 cashback played a massive part in my decision to purchase it.

As required, I waited the 30 days before applying for the cashback, which was submitted on January 29th. I received an email saying that it would take 28 days to process. On February 24th I got an email saying I had submitted the "order reservation" which was the wrong documents and I had 10 days to send the correct documents or I would not be eligible for the cashback. To clarify, I submitted the E-Receipt which was received after the item was purchased, and I stated this in the email. I re-sent the document and also included a VAT receipt which I got from the supplier that day. I did some research after this and discovered a lot of other customers that have had a similar issue with the Sony cashback deal.

It has now been a week and I hadn't heard back from Sony regarding my documents, so I sent another email today and the response I received has me dumbstruck. The response said the VAT receipt I sent didn’t have the details required, VAT receipts should have:

1- Retailer name.

2- Product details.

3- Invoice date.

4- Invoice number.

5- VAT number.

6- VAT amount.

After looking at my VAT receipt, all of those details are there!

As I got the VAT receipt from the supplier, I find it absolutely ridiculous that Sony would advertise this deal with these suppliers and not accept the VAT receipts those suppliers provide!

Has anyone else experienced this?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Papa_G_86,

Welcome to the community.

I'll see if I can find anything out for you. Maybe someone else in the community can help in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale