Join now - be part of our community!

A5100 will not connect to android camera.

A5100 will not connect to android camera.

Latest of all software installed yada yada. Put the NFC  things near each other and it goes "connecting to access point"

When trying to connect with NFC I get the error unfound all over the internet...  "No connectable access point could be found.

Please perform "Network Settings".

Ok thats very good, but what am i supposed to do then????????????????????????

No one else in the world seems tyo have this problem according to google,  theres no guides, everyone else seems to update the program and it fixes it, but i've just done that and nothing;.

Also I heard you can do it by scanning a QR code, but in all the videos seen, when you go to the play memories app on the camera, it just magically brings up a QR code. Google search results for how to actually get this to appear are also less than existent. How do you turn on the QR code on the camera (the app does actually have the ability to go to the QR reader screen, but i guess this means the app tells the camera secretly not to bring it up.

The "send to smartphone /;' select on smartphone" or selecting "Smart remote app" on the camera, just brings up a scr5een with lots of gobbledigook stuff on it which makes no sense and theres no help to tell you what to do.

Have i been sold a piece of cr*p or sometyhing? How do you make this work???!!!

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

My camera and phone are doing the same thing. So mad. Tried everything. I’ve spent quite a bit of money on this camera. I expect much better from Sony. I have only use this maybe four times for traveling over the span of two years. Guess it’s time to call Sony.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Msjerseystyle,

you can manually connect to the camera, just like you would connect to your WiFi network at home.

At the bottom of the screen with the QR-code you should see an option to switch to just the SSID and the password to connect to it via your phones WiFi-settings.

Also make sure you have the "PlayMemories Mobile" app installed on your phone.

If you need more help, simply reply.

- Nic

Same here