Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Z3 compact tablet Home and Open app key not working

profile.country.GB.title
Lotech
Explorer

Xperia Z3 compact tablet Home and Open app key not working

Have tried Safe Mode and support test which has not helped. Prior to this issue to touch a browser occasionally causes a re-boot.

Suggestions welcome please.

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Lotech 

Do you experience the same reboots if you remove both SIM and SD cards? 

profile.country.GB.title
Lotech
Explorer

This is my second reply to this post.

My tablet does not have a SIM or SD card.

Apart from the home and open app. key not working every other function is normal.

As previously mentioned the occasional reboot still occurs.

In addition occasionally a small bright flash appears from the top black boarder for no apparent reason.

Any help appreciated.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Lotech 

What if you repair the tablet with Xperia Companion, it's a long shot but it might help you narrow down the possible issues. 

profile.country.GB.title
Lotech
Explorer

Xperia Companion reports tablet Locked when attempting to initially use.

The backup feature is greyed out which I would like to use via USB to Win 10 PC before effecting a repair.

Tried various solutions. Am I missing the obvious.

Any help more than welcome.

Whilst I'm here can the thread title be edited?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Lotech 

at the top right corner you should see a "gears" icon, there you can edit the message (title)

could you test with a different computer and cable if possible?

profile.country.GB.title
Lotech
Explorer

Succeeded in getting the Backup feature to work for the odd file, but the majority failed suggesting I try again or restart both desktop and tablet.

Unfortunately unable to get past this point.

Any other ideas welcome please.

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Lotech 

You could downtload Xperifirm/flashtool and manually flash the tablet or contact your Local Support to get it inspected 

profile.country.GB.title
Lotech
Explorer

In search for a simple solution I would prefer initially to opt for a factory reset.

However, whilst I will be able to save the data files I am not certain about what happens to the app/programs installed with initial purchase.

My question therefore, are these onboard app/programs all removed as a result of the reset or just as important which if any will remain? In addition it would be helpful to know which of these two senarios will affect those installed separately?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

any app that you have installed in your tablet should be available with your Gmail account with any other android device (as long as the app its compatible)