Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia xz2 mic problem

GreeNBudZ
New

Xperia xz2 mic problem

Any1 have an issue with the xz2 microphone??  After latest update my mic doesn't work but does work if I put call on loudspeaker?? Please help

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

This was reported back on the mobile support forum and there was no fix for the moment as I recall.

alexdon

I have the same problem, crackling in calls, but can use the speaker to use in calls. 

profile.country.GB.title
Constantfrustraton

Since the Android 10 update, the secondary mic on my Xperia XZ2 doesn't work. Is this a common software issue that will be rectified on the next update, or hardware issue? For example when I call directly it works fine, but when using the loudspeaker or during a videocall, the other person cannot hear me. Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Constantfrustraton

I've used the system testing tool via *#*#7378423#*#* to diagnose the issue being the secondary mic. Anyone know how long until this gets fixed?? 

profile.country.GB.title
rivermersey
Explorer

My microphone works fine when I make a call but not for recording videos or recording a voice messages to send in what's app anyone know of a fix?

cheers

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@rivermersey, it's been fixed in one of the recent software updates (1 or 2 months ago). try going to Settings > System > Advanced > Software update and see if there's a system update available. keep in mind that the availability of the updates can vary depending on your region and carrier.

profile.country.GB.title
Emilymogwai
Explorer

Hi I was just wondering if you ever heard anything back about this? The exact same thing happened to me today, during video calls I can't hear the other people but they can hear me fine. My speaker started to go crackling first then just went and hasn't worked since, I've tried so many different things, I have found I can still video call with headphones and I can hear fine, just with my phone i can not. Phone calls, music etc work fine it's just during video calls I can't hear anything. 

profile.country.GB.title
Constantfrustraton

Yours sounds a tad different, as it was them not able to hear me. I then ran the test mentioned above to diagnose that it was a fault with the secondary mic. Unfortunately I didn't find an answer, and exchanged my handset as it was still under warranty. From what I found on the Web it's quite a common fault and occurs after a system update, so hopefully the issue gets resolved with a new update? 

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@Constantfrustraton like I've said, it's been fixed in an update that's been released a few months ago. it used to be that audio recordings or Whatsapp voice messages I've recorded were super quiet, but it's not the case anymore.