Join now - be part of our community!

weak network signal

SOLVED
briant566
Visitor

weak network signal

Sorry if posted twice but not sure first one posted

Since the last upgrade i have had weak  network coverage on 02 today i have a one bar or no signal but my parter on same network on nokia phone has had full or 4 bars

Back home it slightly better but only have two bars to her full  do i need to do a full reset  ? or contact Sony Service

Before anybody asks I have not dropped it !

Any Ideas ??

Update

just been into settings  I never use mobile data as PAYG use free wi-fi for e mails

What setting should i use  4G  WCDMA only or WCDMA GSM   signal seems better on last one but still weak

29 REPLIES 29
majus123
Visitor

Hi, I just bought Sony Xperia X few days ago and it's weak signal as well 1-3 bars never full on 4G but as soon I change my set up for only WCDMA or WCDMA/GSM the signal is full bars on it Winking_Face

Then I think it is no phone problem but network provider ( 4G ). My is Virgin.

N1ckname
Visitor

Basically lack of support for this problem from either network providers or Sony itself, just prefer to pretend the problem isn't there and let people talk about a none existing fault on here. I will never buy Sony products again feel completely let down by the big greedy company. Ps phone always one bar uses data like popcorn. Loading numerous times because of failure 

jack23
Visitor

Hi! Sony is the worst company I have ever dealt with. My xperia z1 compact loosing signal all the time. If it has signal it is very low that you cannot even talk. My friend had the same problem with xperia M. We won't buy Sony phones again. Never!!!

hoosty
Visitor

i had the same problem but i found a fix. by default (at least on my phone,) the prefered network is LTE so go into settings, mobile networks, prefered network type then tap on the bullet that says WCDMA (preferred) GSM. this was the best for me but maybe one of the others will be better for you but you will see your signal metre change when you press a bullet.

L457L0
Visitor

Same issue here, Sony xperia XZ2 Compact Dual SIM. My wife on same network with iPhone8 has 4to5 bars, me zero. And yes it is also on O2 (in Germany), which I don't think is using a different technology compared to the others, just the coverage / signal strength is kind of miserable outside of the city. I know that the iPhone has no dual sim, still the difference is huge. In the settings the LTE is set as preferred, but the rest are also there, so the phone should switch automatically to a lower standard in case there is no signal or if the signal is very poor on LTE. 

In my case (SIM1 having no signal) what "helped" is that

• I have deactivated (Settings/Network/DualSim) my SIM2 (Telekom),
  • the phone then restarted by itself (as the default data connection was set to SIM2 and at any network settings change the phone restarts automatically),
  • I suddenly had 4bars signal on SIM1
  • I then activated SIM2 again,
  • set the default data connection back to SIM2  

...and since then I have 2to4 bars on O2 (SIM1) and 2to3 bars on Telekom (SIM2). Both SIMs have LTE as preferred connection type.

I did this just 3 hours ago, when I was looking for a solution for the problem, that's how I ended up on this forum. I thought I share with you my experience, maybe it helps...

I'm sure the situation can be improved by SW.

I don't know how serious Sony is taking this issue, but I got this phone because it has dual sim, but if I anyway cannot be reached on one of the SIMs, then I might not consider the brand next time... Still I do love my phone despite this "small" issue. We however might get "divorced" if the situation will not improve. I will post again if the situation will get worst again.

acidfun
Visitor

@xz2 compact user. The signal is weaker on the phone since the first update in 2019, it seems like the last update did not solve the problem. The limitation of the signal is to decrease the SAR radiation level.
1p1
Visitor

My phone it is dropping network anyhow so please help me with this problem. 

Tags (1)
profile.country.en_GB.title
@3717936902002701
Visitor

I have a problem with signal on my Sony E5  on network O2, signal is very low1 bar. I have the same sim put in my SONY ericsson SONY experia arc S model the signal shows full 5 bars. 

Is there any way the signal can increase as I am some times wonder if I am loosing any callers becasue of network problem.

profile.country.GB.title
Judgement
New

Hi,

2022 Xperia 1 IV with terrible reception at home.

Actually on EE.

After reading lots of answers here and elsewhere I looked at my network settings in the Network/SIMs Section - No option to choose network level only 1 option in Auto : 2G/3G/4G/5G

Switched to manual Choose Network selection and tried choosing the 2G home network which seemed good level, but it kept dropping out and was just as bad as Auto. I then chose the 3G version of my home network operator. This seems to be much better, even though on checking in the manual selection section it often shows as 4G Home network connected, the signal strength is generally much better.

HTH.

profile.country.GB.title
Mozaje
Explorer

I have the same issue snd with other networks on my Sony Xperia 1 iv I hope they fix it on their new phones because I love sony snd I hate to change to a different brand.