Join now - be part of our community!

capacity for NFC services full pop up after recent update.

SOLVED
mw82
Visitor

capacity for NFC services full pop up after recent update.

This pop up keeps appearing pretty much everytime I do anything on the phone...

Capacity for NFC services full. Not enough capacity to enable to service. Try disabling one or more services.

I tap change services and there is no service to disable and the capacity is 0%.

I don't use the NFC function and have never used it. I didn't even know what it was until this pop up problem started. Having Googled the problem, there seems to be a connection with banking apps but I don't have any.
This has happened ever since the most recent update a couple of days ago; it's either a massive coincidence or due to the update.

It's really starting to annoy me and I want to get it sorted. I've emailed customer service but no reply yet.

Any help at all would be massively appreciated.
40 REPLIES 40
straff
Visitor

How come it says "solved"???!!! 

Weavy
Visitor

I'm the same well after re doing my software and Google blocking my phone sign in for 24hrs anyways I'm now having the same problem with NFC popping up and also I'd like to say since redoing the phone I'm now also getting random adds popping up on the phone 

Gordon3
Visitor

Yep this is 'solved' the same as Global Warming is solved - not.  There's nothing of comfort on this thread I'm using Kitkat.

mw82
Visitor

Resetting the phone solved it for me...good luck!

AndyG364
Visitor

Just posted to comments on Crash and RCAHANDLER pop up problems. Ran side by side with my NFC problems which had stopped for a while but returned all day with a vengeance.

Wondered if related to integrated data storage running low (30 of 32 Gb). but got above problems before during and after restarting in Safe mode... TWICE

On checking linked posts Nude_Chimp suggested turning on ULTRA STAMINA MODE then turning it off.

It has since turned off all errors after reboot for the last half hour.

Worth a punt.

Jurogo
Visitor

I have a Z5 Premium and the pop up is rising since the last update to 7.1.1.

I tested to run in safe mode and try to repair with Xperia Companion and factory reset, everything with no sucess.

I uninstalled or disabled all the google play application I don't use (movie play, music play, etc.), no success neither.

I haven't any NFC payment application, in fact I only use NFC once to transfer from my all phone to this one two years ago.

In the screen after the pop up it shows 0% of services used.

Is there any real solution? Is anybody planning to update again fixing this bug?

Reverendryu
Visitor

Here's what actually works.

If you have Android Pay installed, go to settings-apps then clear the data and cache for Android Pay before proceeding.

Reboot phone into safe mode (hold power button til options come up, then hold your finger on the 'power off' option until the safe mode prompt comes up).

Once in safe mode, go to settings, apps, using the menu button on the top right of the apps settings screen, select show system services.

Scroll down to NFC service. Clear the data and the cache.

Now find the Google Play Service. Clear the cache, then clear the app data via the presented submenu.

Now reboot your phone. Since I have done this, I have not at any point received the NFC capacity message.

Roy79
Visitor

I get them too since update also my headphone socket now needs a third part app to work. I looked online for a solution but no joy for a official downgrade option. I can't believe they replaced the current version for a untested one. I was very happy with my phone until now.

AlexanderB
Visitor

This just happened to me the first time ever even though I don't have NFC enabled and haven't installed a new app in a while.

What I did, which seems to have worked, is to:

1) Enable NFC (drag finger down from top twice, scroll to 2nd menu panel, turn on NFC)

2) Restart phone (long-press power, select Restart)

3) After restart, turn off NFC (I gave it plenty of time to make sure it was fully restarted)

It's clearly something Sony needs to fix.

Jurogo
Visitor

Hello

It doesn't work for me, as soon as I updated an app, the message apears