annulla
Visualizzazione dei risultati per 
Cerca invece 
Intendevi dire: 

Iscriviti adesso. Entra a far parte della nostra community!

XZ2 and Google Play System Update

profile.country.DE.title
Mike1109
Membro

XZ2 and Google Play System Update

My XZ2 has been working fine until now. Some days ago, a security update from Google came. The phone restarted, and got stuck in a loop (Sony / Xperia logos coming and going). I had to reset the phone via Xperia Companion.

Now it is working again, but still the Google update comes back - and then the loop begins. I have discovered that I can solve this temporarily by pressing "Volume up" and "Power", so the phone can start normally. But this is not a long-time solution, even more as the status of the current security updates is May 2020.

Has anybody experienced the same problem? Solution?

9 RISPOSTE 9
profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi @ Mike1109,

So,you received another security patch after the software repair process?

If yes, try to perform the software repair again after the last update and check if the issue will remain or not.

profile.country.DE.title
Mike1109
Membro

Yes, it's coming back. "Security" / "Google Play-System update" is listed as "1. May 2020", and here a new system update will be announced. After restart, the loop happens again.

I do not really want to reset the phone again and again and again...

Firmware: 52.1.A.3.49 (last available for XZ2)

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Is your device still in a reboot loop currently?

And did you try to contact Sony regarding this matter before?

profile.country.DE.title
Mike1109
Membro

It keeps coming back, every time I switch the phone off an on.

Sony support has not answered yet.

profile.country.HU.title
viktor_1983
Esploratore

Holy sh*t, I tought I have a hw issue. I figured out the hard power-off, and I have to be patient... after several tries, it finally boots. But which Google app caused this? I have only Carrier services and Google updated lately. Uninstalling (reverting to factory version) Carrier services did not solve the issue.

profile.country.DE.title
Mike1109
Membro

No idea about the cause. Apparently it is a system issue, not an app issue. ("Google Play System Update", visible via Settings / Security).

Sony support wrote to me that I should try to absolve this update twice - great idea, if even once fails...

profile.country.HU.title
viktor_1983
Esploratore

Actually it's 1 August 2021 for me - pops up the update available message when I tap on it, but it was not installed for me before, still I had the reboot issue.

Hold on... just disabled the Automatic system updates - Apply updates when device restarts (search for system update in settings, it's in developer settings), and it rebooted without the usual bootloop, even for the second time

profile.country.DE.title
Mike1109
Membro

I am astonished by Sony support. They simply say that the update period for XZ2 has expired, and apparently the new Google update leads to an imcompatible system. I should take a look at the list of nice new Sony smartphones...

This can not be true? A company like Sony admitting that their phones can not be used after 3 years, without even trying to get Google to produce compatible updates, or taking a look in to the cause of the problem???

profile.country.DE.title
Mike1109
Membro

Meanwhile, Google seems to have reacted. There are no system updates found any more.

So now the phone is on a 2020 security level, but at least it is not rebooting any more...