Join now - be part of our community!

One speaker is louder than the other

Bahm
Visitor

One speaker is louder than the other

The bottom speaker of my xzp is way louder than the top one. 

This makes stereo sound senseless. 

Is there a way to solve this? 

Tried diagnostics already. 

Bahm

8 REPLIES 8
Christofer
Champion

Hi @Bahm, I'm sorry to hear about this.

Do you experience this for every sound or is specifically for video, music, ring tone or such? Did you also experience this when you ran the Diagnostics test for the loudspeakers?

Jophy
Visitor

Me too the both loudspeaker is different sound quality . The upper loudspeaker is better quality than the bottom one. The bottom sound is rough

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Hi @Bahm@Jophy;

I think it is normal for the lower speaker to be a litle bit more powerful (but not much) than the upper, depending in what you are hearing, see also here: /t5/Xperia-XZ-Premium/Xz-premium/m-p/1327344#M14038.

There is however no way in settings to change volume separately for each speaker.

You can test each speaker volume and the speaker calibration status in the service menu (dial *#*#7378423#*#*).

If you feel that the difference is very big try testing the device in safe mode.

profile.country.FR.title
Gryffoon
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem since yesterday with my Xperia XZ Premium.
I did diagnostics with the code: *#*#7378423#*#*
And the results are the following:
The bottom speaker (also named the Right speaker) is working very well.

The upper speaker (also named the Left speaker) is working with a very weak and crackling sound (poor quality).

However note that I didn't have this problem before, it came just since yesterday

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hi Gryffoon,

try to perform the speakers test from the support app on the phone and check the result if it will pass or not.

You can also try to enable the device on safe mode and check if the same issue will happen or not.

If it still happens, you can go for software repair by Xperia companion then contact Sony for repair if that didn't work either.

profile.country.FR.title
Gryffoon
Explorer

Hi,

I did the code *#*#7378423#*# * and confirmed the issue. 
I contacted SONY, and I'm afraid that it is a hardware issue and needs to send it to SONY for beeing repared. 
So whatever I do on the software it will not change the hardware.

Thanks

profile.country.FR.title
Gryffoon
Explorer

NB: note that I already tried the safe mode it didn't change anything

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Yes, that's why I suggested to contact Sony if he steps didn't work to send for repair.