Join now - be part of our community!

Z2 tablet not charging

Loftus
Visitor

Z2 tablet not charging

Hello everyone

About 5 weeks ago my z2 tablet went completely dead. When I tried to charge it up there was no red light and no response at all. I subsequently took it to a local repair store. They changed the charging port, which was apparently damaged, and replaced the battery but unfortunately couldn't get it working. The tablet was returned with the charging port fixed but with the original battery. The people trying to repair it believe that the motherboard needs to be replaced, which they are unable to do. On pressing the power button all that appeared on the screen was the empty battery graphic. After attempting to charge the tablet up the red led light would periodically appear, but often there was no light at all. After about 8 hours of charging I disconnected the tablet from the charger and hit the power button and the tablet powered on and loaded up. Unfortunately it only displayed 1% charge and quickly died again. Would it be possible to charge the device further? I am trying to charge it now but I've also read people advising to let the battery discharge completely? Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 REPLIES 0