Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia z4 Tablet suddenly not connecting to PC anymore

uberGeek
Visitor

Xperia z4 Tablet suddenly not connecting to PC anymore

This weekend I tried running an App I've programmed on the z4 in Developer-Mode.

Everything worked just fine and I'm very satisfied with the tablet in general.

Over the weekend the tablet always connected instantly to my Windows 10 Laptop and running the App from AndroidStudio worked just fine. I've also never had any connection problems prior to the last weekend.

This afternoon I wanted to run a newer version of my App on the tablet, but all of a sudden the z4 didn't connect anymore.

No indication of a connection (not on tablet side, nor on laptop), also no indication of charging. - Although the charging icon quickly pops up before vanishing again, once plugged into my laptop.

Also, it's not possible that my App caused all of this, I barely know how to do a HelloWorld-App by now. xD

Hope someone can help since the tablet really helped me for AppDevelopement, since I really love the tablet in general and I don't want to send it in again if not neccessarry.

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
NeoBeum
Enthusiast

Can you check in Service tests to see if the device thinks it's plugged in? I had this bug in Windows 10 with Quick Charge and it was a pain to reset
CameronT
Champion

@Partha1b,

I just want to double check that you are unlocking your screen. If the screen is locked then Xperia Companion will not recognise it.

Partha1b
Visitor

@CameronT wrote:

@Partha1b,

I just want to double check that you are unlocking your screen. If the screen is locked then Xperia Companion will not recognise it.

Hi Cameron,

Yes, the tablet is unlocked and I turned off my Windows 10 laptop as you adviced. 

Please note that (as I mentioned above) my Mac does not recognize the tablet either.

Thanks,

Partha

CameronT
Champion

@Partha1b,

Try enabling USB debugging in developer options.

To enable developer options go to Settings > About Phone, and tap on "Build number" multiple times until it says "You are now a developer" or something similar. Then go back to settings, and the new developer options should be there at the bottom.

In there, look for USB debugging, and turn it on, then try again.

Partha1b
Visitor

@CameronT wrote:

@Partha1b,

Try enabling USB debugging in developer options.

To enable developer options go to Settings > About Phone, and tap on "Build number" multiple times until it says "You are now a developer" or something similar. Then go back to settings, and the new developer options should be there at the bottom.

In there, look for USB debugging, and turn it on, then try again.

Well, enabling USB debugging allowed me to set MTP and then the tablet was recognized. Seems odd no?

Thanks,

Partha

CameronT
Champion

@Partha1b,

Glad to hear that got it working Slightly_smiling_Face