Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia Companion Crash on Windows 7 and 10 on 5 differents computer...

biofx
Visitor

Xperia Companion Crash on Windows 7 and 10 on 5 differents computer...

Hi,

I have a Xperia Z4 tablet wifi and i want to update it with 6.0. (OTA not arrive in France)

I have installed Xperia Companion , it's works. But when i plug the Z4 .... ooppss this programm...... and crash.

I try many things, first a lot of computer with various OS....

Then i try install different drivers from developper site.

BUT... nothing, always Crash crash crash... The poor tools habe only the time to said " an update is available..." and ....

I see in a French Forum that i'm not the only one with this problem but nobody find the issue for now.

Any Idea ? 

Thanks a lot for your Help.

best regards. Ludo

Tags (1)
19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@biofx

what about PCC or Bridge?

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

biofx
Visitor

I try pc companion,  it works no crash but it say no update available... 

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@biofx

Then wait for the update to be released in your country 

biofx
Visitor

Lol yes I Can't do something else... But the fact stay the same.  A tools had an issue so i hope a fix 'll come.. 

Dizza
Visitor

I am having the same problems in the Netherlands. Xperia Companion (Windows 10) crashes as soon as the phone (Xperia Z5, no contract) is connected via usb, PC companion can't find the update and Sony bridge for mac can't find it either. OTA update has not popped up yet on my phone and it has been more than a week since it was rolled out. Can't someone from Sony react? The software is clearly buggy and still there are no updates, i am waiting for this update as i think it might fix a bug in the camera app and if not i would like to contact the store i got it from. 

awaiting a reply from Sony

biofx
Visitor

Hi 

I have an answer from sony France...  They tell me to active usb debug mode... 

I had try this option from long time.... No success of course... 

Always no ota in France 

Dizza
Visitor

So i tried debug mode as well. Didn't work, Xperia companion still crashes

Rickard
Master

I'm sorry to hear that.

Could you please send me the logs from Xperia Companion in your computer and i'll forward this to see if we can find what's causing this.

The logs are found under /Users/[user]/My Documents/Sony/Xperia Companion/logs/

If it's the firmware update process that doesn't work properly, please also include the logs from \ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\log

Upload these to for example Google Drive and then send me a link in a private message.

Rickard
Master

Thanks for sending me logs @Dizza!

We will soon release a new version of Xperia Companion with several changes and improvements.

What you can try until the new version is released is to do the following but i'm afraid we can't guarantee that it will help:

- Quit Xperia Companion
- Go to “My Documents/Sony/Xperia Companion/
- If you can find a folder named “cache” in there, delete it.
(It is important that you don’t delete anything else in that folder. Only the “cache” folder)
- Start Xperia Companion

In case you should still see this with the next version, please let me know.