Join now - be part of our community!

TMobile US Low Signal Strength issues on SGP771

Moodock
Visitor

TMobile US Low Signal Strength issues on SGP771

Greetings all, thanks for any help!

I got my Xperia Z4 LTE (US Version?) Tablet, after being a longtime owner of a Xperia Z2 LTE Tablet which I left on an airplane to never see again.

And now I'm on a replacement unit experiencing some odd behavior that I chalked up to being a defective unit, but getting the same behavior on the replacement.

My Z2 would always show full bars LTE here in Los Angeles, but the Z4 is showing LTE no-to-low bars sitting right next to my Tmobile LG G4 showing 4GLTE with full bars.

The weird thing is if I go into the About/Signal strength in the settings it shows practically the same signal strength (-dbm) on both my Tmobile LG G4 and the Xperia Z4.

If I do speed test and get similar results on both devices.

But, If I switch to WCDMA preferred I get full bars! Weird.

I tried the LTE Discovery app and discovered some interesting information about frequencies being used:

My TMobile LG G4 shows:
DL EARFCN 19500-2399
UL EARFCN 19950-20399
DL Freq: 2110mhz-2155mhz
UL Freq: 1710mhz-1755mhz
LTE BAND 4

My Xperia Z4 shows:
DL EARCFN: 2300
UL EARCFN: 20300
DL Freq: 2145.0mhz
UL Freq: 1745mhz
LTE BAND 4

It appears that the TMobile branded LG G4 is using a range of frequencies, and Xperia Z4 is locked on a single frequency, which may explain the low signal bars issue.

Can anyone confirm this? Is there a way to update the frequency ranges on the Xperia Z4 Tablet?

Anyone have an idea what I am seeing? Is this normal? I mean it seems to work ok, but I can't handle looking at my tablet with no to low signal strength!

Thanks all for viewing!

-b

1 REPLY 1
Trinitron
Visitor

Mines the same shows less bars but actual DB signal is better than other device on T mobile. Wish VoLTE menu worked.