Join now - be part of our community!

Latest Xperia update has bricked my tablet?

SOLVED
probedb
Visitor

Latest Xperia update has bricked my tablet?

I noticed there was a failed update today on my tablet (don't remember which update).

So I downloaded it again and let it install. It rebooted, I got the android robot loading and then it's dead, the screen is lit but long power does nothing, no reaction when plugging in a charger.

Any thoughts?

23 REPLIES 23
Didrik
Enthusiast

Hi again @SHeila309,

There isn't really a minimum speed required for an SD-card, it really depends on how you plan using it. Say that you plan on photographing a lot, in that case I'd recommend using a high speed SD-card, I'm using an SD-card with high transfer speed in my phone because of that very reason.

Do you mean that your device says the avaialble memory is low directly after a factory reset?

It's the WiFi-only version (SGP612) thas has 32GB of internal storage. If you decide to root your device or have questions related to that I cannot assist you further I'm afraid. In that case I can only refer you to our developer site: http://developer.sonymobile.com/

SHeila309
Visitor

Hi @Didrik,

I thought you said the unfunctioning apps on sd card was due to the low speed of the SD card.

Yes, one of my Z3 Tabs is behaving very oddly. And just realised that. I have two Z3 tabs, one German and one French. After the factory reset the French one says 9Gb for system, and the German one says 4.5Gb for system. Hence, every time I just installed half number of apps on the French one,  it says low memory. 

24 oktober 2016 133538 CEST.png

I don't want to root any of my devices, if I have other choices. Will check the link you gave me amd read further.

Many thanks,

Sheila

anton_pavliouk
Visitor

Hello!

I also have problems with updating my Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact: triggered the update today and it has been in "Android update. Starting applications..." status for more than 3 hours. Currently, wheel is still rolling, the tablet is not hot (like it normally is when it is updating the system) and nothing happens...

Is this normal? Should I wait or?..

Unfortunately, cannot remember the update ID but received it on Friday, 28th

Didrik
Enthusiast

Hello @anton_pavliouk and welcome to the community!

I want to start with saying I'm sorry for not replying sooner, I've been out of office for a few days Slightly_smiling_Face

An update can take a while but three hours sounds like a little too long. If there still hasn't been any change I would recommend that you, if possible, reboot your tablet. Should the Restart/Reboot option not appear when pressing and holding the ON/OFF button pressed in you can press and hold the volume up and power buttons at the same time for about 15 seconds or until you feel a quick vibration. Once the display turns black, boot up your tablet again.

Let me know if there was any change!