Join now - be part of our community!

Help! Can't seem to download books and read them?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
aramantha
Visitor

Help! Can't seem to download books and read them?

I'm very new to all things tablet and the sony tablet seems way more complicated than the ipad.  can you please tell me how I download books from anywhere other than sony reader (which doens't appear to have any current books) and then read them on the sony reader app ... or any app that i can use off line.

Also I have tried countless times to update my ps store app and it sends me round in a loop.

I keep reading reviews that the sony tablet is amazing .. so far I think mine is a poor ipaid :slight_frown:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Aramantha,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

There are numerous web sites around that offer free downloadable ebooks such as project gutenberg - 

http://www.gutenberg.org/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Chayton69
Explorer

hi and welcome to the Sony community and all things tablet.

for books i would recommend going to the Google Play store and downloding the Kindle app. The app itself is free and it gives you direct access to the Amazon Kindle store where you can download just about any digitally available book.

good luck!

warriorfullight
Visitor

Using Sony Tablet is just the same as using iPad. You just have to get used to it.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Aramantha,

Welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

There are numerous web sites around that offer free downloadable ebooks such as project gutenberg - 

http://www.gutenberg.org/

aramantha
Visitor

thank you!  I'm going to try and download the kindle app.  I have tried to work out how to use the google play reader, but I don't appear to be able to make it work offline??

Also, why can't I update the ps shop app.  everytime I open it, it ask me to update it - I update it and boom back to square one.

Thank you for all for taking the time to respond.  xx

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

One other thing to try is the Kobo app, works in the same way as the others

As for the PS Store app, when its downloaded you need to install it. Should be next to the clock bottom right somewhere or you culd try goingg to the download app from your apps and widgets button top right of home screen