Join now - be part of our community!

Bad quality sound with the speakers

Nanashi
Visitor

Bad quality sound with the speakers

Hello everyone,

I've been using the z4 tablet for some days and the sound of the front speakers seems to be pretty bad. There's always a white noise when any sound is played, whether it is a notification, a video or music.

I've had the first tablet exchanged but the second one has exactly the same white noise problem. This does not occur with headphones, so I guess either Sony used bad quality speakers, which I doubt, or there's some software bug.

Anyone experiencing the same thing?
86 REPLIES 86
Nanashi
Visitor

Thanks for your advice. Sony's tablet was so perfect Slightly_frowning_Face

philr
Visitor

Had my z4 few days now its the WiFi and 4g UK version and the sound from speakers while little tiny and lacks bass it is still enjoyable to listen to and is comparible to speakers on my old ipad 3 with no white noise at all.

head phones work flawlessly, so im guessing it must be a faulty batch to specific region.
Nanashi
Visitor

I'm glad to know not everyone has this problem Slightly_smiling_Face
profile.country.GB.title
AnnoyedWithSonyUK

For what it is worth, I got my Z4 tablet yesterday and speakers are fine. Maybe a bit low on volume like my Z1C phone since Lollipop, but sound quality is OK, not a hifi but that was not expected,

drlmiles1
Contributor

Same here, tablet sound is fine out of its own speakers, and a little louder than my previous Z Tablet. There appear to be a faulty batch with the white noise issue - if you have this, then get it back to Sony for replacement.

Nanashi
Visitor

I got three faulty tablets so I got a refund and another brand's tablet
drlmiles1
Contributor

@Nanashi wrote:
I got three faulty tablets so I got a refund and another brand's tablet

Sorry to hear that, the faulty tablets seemed to have gone in the maain to one area/region. NOT a good advert for Sony...

Nanashi
Visitor

Not at all indeed. Slightly_frowning_Face 

But that's OK, faulty batches happen, unfortunately. 

Piotre22
Visitor

Hi,

I got my Z4 tablet today and i have the same problem with the bad sound quality. There is always a noise when anything is played.

I heard it directly when i turned the device on for the first time. You can hear it very well on low volumes. It does not matter what audio it is, system sound, ringtone, mp3,...the noise is everytime there

The problem is also there when you use Earphones, with Earphones it is harder to recognize, but it is there. So it is no problem of the speakers, but of problem of the Audio Hardware.

It is like you use an old radio, or the sound of the sea.

So i will contact Sony, I hope i will get a new one without the problem. But when i read the story from Nanashi who got three faulty ones... :smileyrolleyes::smileysad:

Aren't there more people with the problem? Last post here is older than 4 weeks...

Piotre

Nanashi
Visitor

Hi Piotre,

I hope you'll have more luck than I did... 😕 I didn't even remove the screen protection from the last tablet, I could also hear the blank noise when turning on the system Slightly_frowning_Face I had no problem with headphones but I used a bluetooth device so I'm not sure if it also occured with a wired one. I don't remember if I tried, the problem with speakers was too annoying to be ignored.

Wish you the best with the replacement,

Best regards,

Nanashi