Join now - be part of our community!

WI-C400 hands free mode does not work on Windows 10

profile.country.GB.title
husigeza91
New

WI-C400 hands free mode does not work on Windows 10

Hello,

I have a WI-C400 which works fine with Android, iPhone and Ubuntu devices, however with Windows 10 it only works as a music playback device, but not as a communication device. The device is connected, system shows the "Headphone (WI-C400 Stereo)" and "Headset WI-C400 (Hands-Free)" input/output devices, however only the headphone works. When I try to use an application which uses the microphone, so both the input and output device becomes the "Headset WI-C400 (Hands-Free)", the microphone is working but not the playback, I cannot hear anything. Also when I do a test in the Sound setting on "Headset WI-C400 (Hands-Free)", the test music "does not arrive" to the headset. Please note that other Bluetooth devices works fine with the same computer. I tried the WI-C400 with 3 different Windows 10/7 PCs, the result is the same on all: no sound in headset mode.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi there,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

I'd recommend getting in touch with the Sony Support team for further help here.

Best wishes,

Sean 

juankpg
New

Where you able to solve this issue? I have the same problem.

Headset profile doesn´t work at all in my PC, I can playback sound but not use the WI-C400 for calls.... very frustrating 

profile.country.GB.title
husigeza91
New

I had a chat with support, they told me the device is broken and I should take it to the local service, however as the warranty period already expired instead of paying them fixing the device I bought a new device by another vendor which works perfectly with all my devices.