Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM3 usage time

bryceyrycey
Explorer

WF-1000XM3 usage time

Hej, 

I just bought a new pair of WF-1000XM3 two weeks ago, and was finally able to test drive them on a plane.

Just wondering if anyone found some issues with the battery falling short of the "up to 6 hours" claim? I use it with noise cancelling turned on, and the volume about 1/4 up, and I probably get up to about 4 hours before the low battery warning comes on.

What's even stranger is that the left earpiece would have this warning approx 30 mins before the right earpiece. 

Anyone had the same experience?

PS: I have tried resetting my earphones, and they are both charged 100% before use. Not able to update to the latest firmware because I'm on iOS 13.1. 

5 REPLIES 5
Shezza1
New

The specs actually say you should get much longer than 6 hours.  According to Sony you should be getting

BATTERY LIFE(CONTINUOUS MUSIC PLAYBACK TIME)Max. 30 hours(NC ON), Max. 38 hours(NC OFF)

That said I too am getting quick drainbattery. Is there a way of fixing this drain sony?  Also since 4.1.1 the NC is much less effective

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Shezza1,

here is the full text, just if anyone who stumbles upon this thread wants to know it in detail:

Up to 24 hours of listening

On a full charge, the headphones offer 6 hours of power and the handy charging case provides a further 3x charges to keep you going throughout the day. That’s up to 24 hours of noise-free listening. With noise cancelling off, it’s even longer – 8 hours of power on a full charge, with a further 3x charges from the charging case, for up to 32 hours of play time.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Amberwick
Explorer

Much the same for me in regards to run time. The only additional observation is that the battery reporting

is not very helpful as it sits at 100% for a time then finally goes to 70% shortly before going to 50% which

is only minutes before they need re-charging.

NellieG
New

I have the same problem! 

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

I'm around 5h with a single charge.

It also depends if you use the touch pannel a lot or not and if you set priority to sound or stability