Join now - be part of our community!

WF-1000XM3 Hissing/White Noise With NC On and Music Off or at the Low Levels

Cagatayh
Explorer

WF-1000XM3 Hissing/White Noise With NC On and Music Off or at the Low Levels

Hi all,

Yesterday I bought new  WF-1000XM3, I've started to use it immediately. 20-30 mins later, between two tracks i realised the noise just in the right earbud. It is like hissing sound from a distant waterfall or river. The longer i listen to music, the louder the sound is getting until a limited limit. No sound in the first 20 minutes I use.

I updated the latest firmware, I reseted it, tried with cable and nothing changed.

When I close the NC, there is no sound..

When I adjust the ambiant sound to 1-20, there is no sound..

Today I called Sony Turkey and asked it, they told me that it's normal in Noise Cancellation. They indicated that If I wish I can send for investigation however it may not be considered a malfunction. As you know it's COVID time and If nothing will change at the end, I do not want to send the product.

The sample sound that I recorded with my sensitive sound recorder inside the headset as below:

clyp.it/f2wakkjj

Of course it doesn't sound that loud. If I listen to music at %0-15 volume I can hear that background hissing sound. However I will not listen at such low volume generally, even so this situation bothered me.

What do you suggest?

Thanks in advance,

0 REPLIES 0