Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Mp3 Player NWZ-B162 VOLUME ISSUES

profile.country.en_GB.title
Ogeezuz
Visitor

Sony Mp3 Player NWZ-B162 VOLUME ISSUES

Well Problem is , the Volume is too low even with the AVLS off

also , i did some research and found out it has something to do with the restrictions
EU did so the maximum output is 85 Db, and i noticed that some people are able
to hack thier mp3 player to overide the restriction put into foce.

Where is the service menu for NWZ-B162 ? (cant find it anywhere) so i can overide the disgrace of volume i am hearing other dudes with different models are able to so why cant we ?.

Btw it says my mp3 player is made in china and i havent got the CE marking on the back of my mp3 player so it shouldnt be affected by the Disgraceful imposition of volume limiting.

Like goverment intervention in countries aint enough , they wanna ruin my enjoyment of music !.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE somebody give me some good news.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
bazz2011
Explorer

I don't think there is any for you unless you can get a refund.  I'm fine with the A845 which is lambasted for the same reasons.  No way can I listen to it at anything near full volume but others reckon it has the EU cap limitation making it too quiet.  Perhaps it's a generation thing.  I went into two branches of HMV to buy DVDs for Chrismas.  I had to leave after a few minutes without a purchase because I couldn't stand the volume of the awful music being pumped out over the speakers.  Maybe it's a generational thing. That said, Sony are poor on the support side.  Those who have messed around with settings to increase volume seem to end up with a restricted range on the FM tuner.  Presumably the FM band for Japan differs from that of Europe.  You'd expect expert comments from Sony on this forum concerning the issues but there aren't any.